Hansraj College is one of the pioneers’ constituent College of Delhi University. It is founded in 1948. It is NAAC Grade A+ College. The College offers studies in Science, Arts and Commerce Hansraj College were founded by the D.A.V College Managing Committee on 26 July 1948. It is founded and established in memory of prominent educator and nationalist Mahatma Hansraj. It is a co-education college. It is among one of the top most colleges of the university of Delhi in Science and commerce.
Hansraj College is one of the largest college of Delhi University with over 5000 students.
Motto of the College
Tamso Maa Jyotir gamye
From Darkness, lead me to light.
- Seminar Room
- Common Room
- Yoga Room
- Enabling Unit
- Computer Facility
- The College also has different Student Societies which help them to improve their skills like music, dance, drama, acting, singing, and other activities.
- Botany Hons.)
- Chemistry (Hons.)
- Computer Science (Hons)/B.tech Computer Science
- Electronic (Hons.)/B.Tech electronics
- Geology (Hons.)
- Life science
- Mathematics (Hons.)
- Physical Science
Arts and Commerce
- A programme
- Com (Hons.)
- Economics (Hons.)
- English (Hons.)
- Hindi (Hons.)
- History (Hons.)
- Sanskrit (Hons)
- Films and Media
- French language (diploma /Advance Diploma)
- German Language (diploma /Advance Diploma)
- Spanish Language (diploma /Advance Diploma)
Hansraj College also provides non-collegiate Courses to all young women and men who cannot join regular courses due to various reasons. This programme is known as NCWEB, this system helps the students to obtain an undergraduate degree from Delhi university by attending classes on Saturday and Sunday only.
- Department of Botany
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Electronics
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Zoology
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Economics
- Department of English
- Department of Hindi
- Department of History
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Physical Education
- Department of Sanskrit
How to Apply for Admission
Hansraj College undergoes the standard admissions process of Delhi University. In order to apply to this college for an undergraduate course, the student has to fill out a central form that is released by the university itself. After a few weeks of the deadline of the forms, Delhi University publicly releases cut off lists for each individual course for all of the undergraduate courses across the university.
A student wishing to apply for a course at Hansraj can look at the cut-off and matches his or her 12th-grade percentage with the same. If the 12th-grade percentage is equal to or greater than the percentage in the cut-off, the student is eligible for admission. The student then goes to college and takes the required steps to attain a spot in the college. The college provides courses for both graduates and undergraduate students in science, commerce and arts stream.
- Applicants who wish to take admission in any college under Delhi University Including Daulat Ram to various UG courses are required to register online for all categories. SC/ST/PwD/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) KM (Kashmiri Migrants).
- A student wishing to apply for Quota Admission can apply at the time of filling admission form on University Portal.
Document required at the time of Admission
The following documents in Original along with two sets of self- attested Photocopies should be brought while seeking admission to the College:
- Class X Certificate for DOB
- Class X mark sheet
- Class XII mark sheet
- Character Certificate
- SC/ST/PWD/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificates issued by the competent authority.
- Transfer/ Migration Certificate from Board/ University
- Two self-Attested Photographed.
Location and Connectivity
Mahatma Hansraj Marg, Hansraj College
C-1 Block, Malka Ganj, Delhi, 110007
It is located in North Campus of Delhi University. Vishwavidyala is the nearest metro station
For more Information Visit Hansraj College official website