Indraprastha College for women admission Schedule 2019
|Registration||15, May 2019|
|First Cut Off||19, June 2019|
|Last Cut Off||12, July 2019|
Indraprastha College for women
Indraprastha College or IP College is the oldest women’s’ college affiliated to the University of Delhi. It is established in 1924. This college offers graduate or postgraduate courses in different streams of Mathematical Science, Humanities, and Commerce. This College enrolls more than 3500 students in its various courses under UG & PG courses, Founded as a part of a nation-wide campaign for women’s education and empowerment, it is located on a beautiful campus which is a recognized heritage site and a landmark of Delhi.
The motto of the college
Truth Love knowledge and Service
- Computer lab – Well equipped computer lab having wifi facility.
- Library – A big library having lakhs of books
- Audio Visual Production Center
- Information and communication technology center (ICT)
- Internet Café
- Medical Room – It offers basic medical facilities with regular attendance of a Nurse and a Counsellor, with the neighborhood hospital for medical emergencies.
- Canteen – Canteen facility for students to at low rates and well maintained hygienic food environment.
- Hostel: – The College has two hostels to accommodate 450 students, the Indraprastha College Girls Hostel has 170 seats and the Kalavati Gupta Hostel (KG) has a total number of 280 seats.
- Bank: – A branch of Canara bank is inside the college premises to facilitate banking facilities inside the campus.
- Placement Cell – Placement cell help the students in getting placement in various firms and industries.
- Wifi campus – the whole campus is wifi enabled.
Facilities in Sports
- Tennis court
- Basketball court
- Badminton court
- Squash court
- Shooting court
- Judo floor
- Table tennis
- Swimming pool
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Procedure|
|Hindi||Passed 10+2 with 70% marks in aggregate in theory and 30% on a prorata basis||The selection of the candidates is done on the basis of merit in qualifying examination. This is calculated as – subject in honors + one language + 2 best subjects. Ie four best subjects|
|Multi-Media and Mass Communication|
|B.A||General||Passed 10+2 in any stream|
|B.Com (Hons.)||Accounting and finance||Passed 10+2 in commerce with 70% marks in theory in best four subjects.|
|B.Sc. (Hons.)||Computer Science||Passed 10+2 in Science stream with an aggregate of 60% marks in Maths, Language and 2 best subjects|
|Economics||Passed 10+2 with mathematics|
Post Graduate Courses
|Couse Name||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Procedure|
A graduate Degree in Any stream
Admission is done on the basis of cut list prepared by Delhi University
|Mathematics||A graduate degree in Science with Mathematics|
|Operational Research||A graduate degree in Science with Mathematics|
Departments in IP college
- Multimedia and Mass Communication
- Computer Science
- A Programme
- Political Science
How to Apply For Admission
IP College undergoes the standard admissions process of Delhi University. In order to apply to this college for an undergraduate course, the student has to fill out a central form that is released by the university itself. After a few weeks of the deadline of the forms, Delhi University publicly releases cut off lists for each individual course for all of the undergraduate courses across the university.
A student wishing to apply for a course at IP College can look at the cut-off and matches his or her 12th-grade percentage with the same. If the 12th-grade percentage is equal to or greater than the percentage in the cut-off, the student is eligible for admission. The student then goes to college and takes the required steps to attain a spot in the college. The college provides courses for both graduates and undergraduate students in science, commerce and arts stream.
- Applicants who wish to take admission in any college under Delhi University to various UG courses are required to register online for all categories. SC/ST/PwD/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) KM (Kashmiri Migrants).
- A student wishing to apply for Quota Admission can apply at the time of filling admission form on University Portal.
Reservation in various quotas
|Candidates Of Foreign Nationals||5%|
|Wards/Widows of Armed Forces Personnel||5%|
Note:- Students who have represented India in any National or International sports competition are exempt from sports trial.
- Olympic Games
- World Championship
- World Cup
- Asian championship
- Asian games
- South Asian games
- Paralympic games
Documents required at the time of Admission
The following documents in Original along with two sets of self- attested Photocopies should be brought while seeking admission to the College:
- Class X Certificate for DOB
- Class X mark sheet
- Class XII mark sheet
- Character Certificate
- SC/ST/PWD/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificates issued by the competent authority.
- Transfer/ Migration Certificate from Board/ University
- Two self-Attested Photographed.
Location and Connectivity
31, Sham Nath Marg, Civil Lines, Delhi- 110045
College is adjacent to the Civil Lines Metro Station (Yellow line) and is well connected to the city transport services.