Common Admission Test (CAT)
Common Admission Test (CAT) is a national level entrance exam which is conducted by the IIMs on the rotation basis. Every year any of the IIM gets the chance to conduct this examination. Common Admission Test (CAT) is the most prestigious exam in India. Most of the colleges and reputed MBA colleges and institutes take the score of the CAT exam for admission. It is a computer-based test.
The competition for the Common Admission Test (CAT) requires a lot of effort and regular study. Aspirants have to groom themselves as this exam wants lots of smart and hard work.
It is organized for admission in 19 Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) and different B-schools situated across the country.
It judges the students on the basis of Quantitative aptitude QA, Verbal Aptitude VA, Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation DI, & Logical Reasoning LR
An Aspirant can apply in the month of August every year when the notification for CAT is published on its official website. The candidate has to answer three sections in three hours’ time, each section to be answered in sixty minutes.
- A candidate who is pursuing (final year) or has completed a bachelor’s degree with not less than 50% marks from a recognized university or institutes of state or central government.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD/ should also have completed a bachelor’s degree with not less than 45% marks from a recognized university or institutes of state or central government.
- CA/CS/ICWA degree holders are also eligible to take this examination.
No age restriction.
The pattern of Exam & Highlights
- CAT is a large scale examination that is conducted every year on a rotation basis by IIMs.
- Candidates are awarded 3 marks for every correct answer.
- One mark is deducted for every incorrect answer.
- No marks will be deducted for unattended questions.
- More than two lakhs students are appearing every year.
- This exam is conducted in more than 50 cities across India.
- A Candidate can select the nearest three examination center where he can reach easily in time.
CAT Official Notification 2020-21
Every year IIMs conduct this examination on rotation basis ant that IIM is responsible for releasing notification and conduction examination. Official notification is published every year in the month of August.
|Organization||Indian Institute of Management (IIMs)|
|Name of Exam||Common Admission Test (CAT)|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of examination||Computer-Based Exam|
|Date of Official Notification||29.07.2020|
|Registration and Application||08.08.2020|
|The window for Correction Available||27.9.2020 -30.09.2020|
|Admit Cards Availability||Last Week of October|
|Declaration of Result||2nd Week of January|
Procedure of Application
- Marks cards of 10/12/ Degree (Marks Card)
- Scanned photographed
- Scanned signature.
- Debit card/ Credit card/ Net banking/ or other payment wallets
Steps to Apply
- A candidate has to visit the official website iimcats.ac.in for registration. For registration, a candidate must have to register himself on the official website.
Requirement for the registration
- Valid Email Id for receiving OTP or other registration information and other updates related to the CAT exam.
- DOB candidate has to fill his valid date of birth for registration.
- Valid phone number to receive OTP.
- Now the candidate has to fill up C AT application form by logging into the official website through using valid email id and phone number.
- Candidate has to fill his/her personal information, Academic details 7 cities where you want to appear in the CAT examination.
- Uploading documents i.e. scanned photograph & scanned signature.
- Payment using any available mode of payment i.e. Debit/Credit Card/ Net banking and Wallet.
NOTE: – Check your form before the final submission. Don’t forget to carry a valid identity card along with the admit card. A voter card, Aadahar card, Passport, Pan card Driving License, or any photo id issued by central or state government organization or employer.