Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)
Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is organized by Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI). This is a national level entrance exam.
After CAT & MAT, XAT is one of the famous entrance tests for admission in management programs. The XAT gives the opportunity to the aspirants to apply for PG admissions in management.
XAT score is used by more than 150 institutes for admission in PG programmes.
The pattern of the Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) keeps changing every year, aspirants have to read the details of examination very carefully before applying.
Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is a three hours test, the syllabus of XAT and CAT are almost the same but examination marking pattern is a bit different. CAT did not deduct any marks for the unattended questions whereas XAT deducts the marks for unanswered questions after a certain limit of unattended questions.
Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) also deducts points for wrong attempts.
Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) conducts the test and asked the questions on three major areas:-
- Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning
- Decision-Making ability
- Quantitative aptitude & Data Interpretation
- General Awareness
- This test consists of 100 questions out of which 75 are on Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning, Decision Making ability, Quantitative aptitude & Data Interpretation, and rest 25 questions were from General Knowledge.
|Registration||Last week of August till last week of November|
|Registration with late fees||Till last week of December|
|Admit Cards||From last week of December till 2nd week of January|
|Exam Date||Last week of January|
|Result||Last week of January or 1st week of February|
- Basic Qualification: – Candidate who is pursuing (final year) or has completed bachelor’s degree with not less than 50% marks from a recognized university or institutes of state or central government.
- NRI and foreign national: – NRI and foreign national can also apply through GMAT scores.
- Appearing Aspirants: – Appearing Aspirants can also apply if they have cleared their final year exam or semester before the month of June.
A candidate must be a citizen of India.
Foreign nationals or NRI’s can also apply through GMAT scores.
HOW TO APPLY
Those who want to apply for XAT for admission in PG courses of management can apply online every year in the month of august when official notification is out on the official website of XAT i.e. xatonline.in
Aspirants have to go through two process
- Creating a Login Id:- For creating login Id an aspirant must have a valid email id, phone number for receiving OTP, He must enter a valid date of birth for creating a log in Id.
- Registration: – Once the login Id is created candidate can login any time by using the user name and password to register for the XAT any time he/she wants to.
- For registration first login using user ID & password, then enter the personal details carefully. Save the entered details by clicking save and next.
- Verify the details before final submission no window will be provided for a correction after final submission.
- Candidates should be extra careful while uploading scanned photograph and signature. Photo and signature should be of appropriate size with reflection or red eyes.
- Select the XLRI programme as per your preference.
- Select city of your choice where it convenient for you to appear for the examination.
- Pay the registration (test) fees using an appropriate payment method of your convenience.
- Once the fee is paid click final submission.
- Take a print of your application for your reference.
FEE & PAYMENT METHOD
- Fee for XAT – Rs.1700/- (Rs. 300/- extra for XLRI programmes)
- For Indian candidates GMP through GMAT – Rs.2500/-
- NRI or foreign students – GMAT – Rs5000/-
(Fee can be paid by using Debit/credit/ net banking/cash card/mobile wallet through provided payment gateway.)
Name of some important institutes
- Loya Institute of Business Administration.(Chennai)
- Francis institute of management & research (Mumbai)
- Sri Sri University (Cuttack)
- IIM Lucknow (Lucknow)
- S P Jain (Mumbai)
- T A Pai (Manipal)
- IMT (Gaziabad)